Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Poland308 wrote:Video record the display then weld as normal
Or set your torch in some type of fixture and watch the display.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Dcstang67
    Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:16 am

I might be able to do that later this afternoon when my wife comes home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Dcstang67

Here is the video of me welding some of the same tubing. Believe it or not fixing that slight argon leak solved the problem completely. Thank you everyone for all of your help.

https://youtu.be/8RqoCQ_5Qco

Dcstang67 wrote:Here is the video of me welding some of the same tubing. Believe it or not fixing that slight argon leak solved the problem completely. Thank you everyone for all of your help.

https://youtu.be/8RqoCQ_5Qco

Sounds good now, gotta like the easy fix
Richard
Website
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I have never heard of a gas leak causing arc instability but hey....
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

A small leak under pressure like that can actually suck air in under flow.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Dcstang67

She's welding pretty now!

Dcstang67 wrote:She's welding pretty now!
Now that your up and running why not consider doing a review of the machine in the "Products Review" forum, seems it's popular and others may benefit from your experience with this unit.
Richard
Website
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Glad you figured it out. I just had to chase down a small leak on my Dynasty last night as well.
weldit321@gmail.com
    Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

This same problem drove me crazy on the Dynasty 350 at work for about a week before i figured out the tungsten diameter was set wrong. Glad you figured it out with the gas leak, but if others have this problem check the tungsten diameter setting if your machine has it.
exnailpounder wrote:I thought of something....My machine has a setting for tungsten diameter, I am sure yours does too, did you check that and change it? Also, you referred to arc length as compared to 1/8" metal. That is not arc length, that is stickout and you should have way more than that otherwisw you can't see your puddle. Arc length is when you are welding, how close your electrode is to the puddle. You want to stay within 1/8" or so. Any farther away and your arc will get unstable and wander, among other things. Also, your machine doesn't have enough ass to be doing anything with 1/2" material, especially aluminum. Rule of thumb is 1 amp for every thousand of an inch..example...125 amps for .125 (1/8"). You may have to play with that but that will get you in the ballpark. I would go watch some of Jodys videos. They are great and he doesn't leave anything out.