Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

sometimes lift arc is used near computers. the high frequency will mess them up!
capozzoli
    Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Good to point out HFAC interference Nova.

It may be important to note that HF interference is easily avoidable by grounding all fo the metal stuff in the shop. If you ground the work tables, metal rack and other large items there will be no chance of interference. If you refer to the manual that comes with your welder it will have a section on prepping the shop to avoid these problems. It will even have a note in there how you can get in trouble with the FCC if your shop isnt prepped properly and you cause interference with the phones or radios in the area. They can home in on the problem and when they do there is substantial fines.

That being said, I never saw anyone ground all of the metal things in their shop where they are using HFAC. I also never heard of anyone having trouble with interference of any kind. I use wireless in my shop and the metal objects in my shop are not grounded, Never interfered with the computers or radio.

Interesting subject. Hmmm I wonder how many times this thread can be hijacked?
Welding everything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey, capozzoli,

In regards to your signature line, can you weld the wheels on a mis-carriage?

(I always though "You can't weld a broken heart" would make a good country-western song.)

:lol:
capozzoli
    Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

"You Cant Weld a Broken Heart" Dude, that's awesome. You should write the rest. The chorus needs a second verse. You cant weld a broken heart... and/but?

I like that quote that is my signature. I should have it in quotation marks, its not mine its old.

I like the dual meaning and it suits me so well in my current situation. Im welding everything, up at the crack of dawn UNTIL the end of the day where I only find a broken heart. i.e. no money that I can bring home. My heart is broken. So is my bank account. :cry:
Welding everything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

...When I went on the road,
I should have known from the start,
She'd be gone when I got home,
'Cause you can't weld a broken heart.

Okay, so much for the chorus...

:lol:

Steve