Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Yesterday,LWS 330cf tank refill/exchange $77.00 + tax ,no fees cause bought some other stuff. ZIP 55407
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

rick9345 wrote:Yesterday,LWS 330cf tank refill/exchange $77.00 + tax ,no fees cause bought some other stuff. ZIP 55407
Couldn't have been AirGas. Thats the price I pay from my new LWS. They are 30 miles away but worth the trip. Always free samples of flap discs and tungstens, filler rods etc...love that place.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

You guys are making me cry.

A little 60cf bottle costs me $100...

Kym
Sandow
    Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Airgas in richmond has charged me from $47 to $94 on a 150cf. For some reason setting up an account with them has never made it into their system...

-Sandow
Red-hot iron, white-hot iron, cold-black iron; an iron taste, an iron smell, and a babel of iron sounds.
-Charles Dickens

A price comparison from other members response on previous post, written down and handed to the LWS helped open a discussion and supporting local got me some consideration on gas and supplies. Matches most on line supplies $ when shipping is factored into the online stuff,plus he usually has AM doughnuts. 10 mins away. My dad always said shop local or they won't be there when needed.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

Last week at a yard sale I got a 125 fc 'Air Liquide' (way out of insp date) for $25. 5-Star wouldnt exchange it. Went to 'AirGas', $110 for exchange mig-mix. Is/was $135 a good/bad deal??
-c-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
exnailpounder

cornmuse wrote:Last week at a yard sale I got a 125 fc 'Air Liquide' (way out of insp date) for $25. 5-Star wouldnt exchange it. Went to 'AirGas', $110 for exchange mig-mix. Is/was $135 a good/bad deal??
-c-
My local AirGas won't exchange any competitor bottle but I think air Liquide is history. I paid $125 for a 125cf bottle on Craigslist. There really isn't any advantage to owning your your bottles. I leased my 300cf for $260 for 7 year and if I return it, I get the money back, pro-rated. I was told 300cf bottles are not for sale and if you find one for sale it's stolen. That may or may not be true but leasing isn't a bad deal and it's a write off.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

In Iowa they let you buy whatever size you want. Move here! Lol
I have more questions than answers

Josh
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
cornmuse wrote:Last week at a yard sale I got a 125 fc 'Air Liquide' (way out of insp date) for $25. 5-Star wouldnt exchange it. Went to 'AirGas', $110 for exchange mig-mix. Is/was $135 a good/bad deal??
-c-
My local AirGas won't exchange any competitor bottle but I think air Liquide is history. I paid $125 for a 125cf bottle on Craigslist. There really isn't any advantage to owning your your bottles. I leased my 300cf for $260 for 7 year and if I return it, I get the money back, pro-rated. I was told 300cf bottles are not for sale and if you find one for sale it's stolen. That may or may not be true but leasing isn't a bad deal and it's a write off.
I've seen an Air Liquide cryo transport truck occasionally when visiting one of my friends in Tacoma, WA. I have never seen or heard of Air Liquide in regards to retail facilities and "small" volume services like bottled gasses in the local area, though.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:In Iowa they let you buy whatever size you want. Move here! Lol
I was going to buy a couple T bottles of helium off an old farmer and I called my LWS to ask if I could get them filled and they told me that T bottles weren't normally sold so they might be stolen. I don't know if it's true or not. I want to get out of Illinois soon, if your gun laws are good I might move there :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There working on the gun laws. ;)
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There's a "B" size bottle at work I'm buttering up the boss for, because I want it.

The neck ring is stamped "U.S. Army Air Service Balloon", and the initial hydro test date on it is March, 1919, so it will soon be 100 years in service.

I want this bottle to be mine.

Steve S
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:There's a "B" size bottle at work I'm buttering up the boss for, because I want it.

The neck ring is stamped "U.S. Army Air Service Balloon", and the initial hydro test date on it is March, 1919, so it will soon be 100 years in service.

I want this bottle to be mine.

Steve S
I was working in a refinery a few years back and while doing fresh-air training I was looking at the hydro stamps on the bottles in the banks and some of them were initially tested in the 20's and a couple had swastikas on them. They wouldn't fit in my lunch box so I had to leave them there :( :D
hardhatdiver
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

my LWS charges me $42.35 for a T size bottle of argon. also for a 75/25 argon/helium mix for $66.21. sounds like some of you are paying on the high side.
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

This is the second ooold bottle 5Star would not swap out: ie, old out of insp bottles. The 1st was parsons (I think) argon 125cf bottle. after that first encounter, 5Star exchanged the argon bottle, no problemo. Wait & see on this mig-mix bottle, , , ,
5Star is a lot cheaper & 200 yards closer to home.

-c-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!

hardhatdiver wrote:my LWS charges me $42.35 for a T size bottle of argon. also for a 75/25 argon/helium mix for $66.21. sounds like some of you are paying on the high side.
Post a location for comparison.
It is fun to show the LWS prices with sizes of bottles from other parts of the world
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
hardhatdiver
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

South Eastern PA outside of Philadelphia