Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rnash17
    Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Hey guys. I own a miller elite and I find the shell of the helmet flairs out towards the bottom causing alot of light to come in and reflection of my face. Looking for the new lens they have out that is more of a blue/green when darkened. But need the mask to be tighter along my jaw line. I had the jackson safty bh3 but the head gear was cheap and uncomfortable. I love the miller headgear. Any suggestions please! #GTAW #WeldEveryDamnDay
Gavin Melville
    Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:31 am

The miller digital infinity might solve this - the head gear seems to put the front in a different place. You can buy just the new headband, which I am using with the elite mask.

https://www.amazon.com/Miller-271325-Ge ... r+Electric
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Optrel e684
3M Speedglas 9100xxi

Those have "true color" lenses. I own the first one, and it is awesome.
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Oscar wrote:Optrel e684
3M Speedglas 9100xxi

X2! I got one for Christmas last year. I thought my ESAB was great-it is, but, the Optrel E684 is better. Best hood I own. Hope this helps.
Jared
    Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Oscar wrote:Optrel e684
3M Speedglas 9100xxi

I have had 2 Optrel e680's for a several years , one fitted with a compressed air feed ....I recently got a e684 and it the best helmet i have ever used . The auto setting is great for tig where you are using a broad range of amps
Murex 353is TransTig
Esab Aristo Mig 4001i Pulse
Murex 406s Transmig
BennettSmith
    Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:03 am

Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 is also one of the best welding helmets
Sandow
    Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

I really like my save phace y series. keeps your head cool and lets you feel the wind really easily.

-Sandow
Red-hot iron, white-hot iron, cold-black iron; an iron taste, an iron smell, and a babel of iron sounds.
-Charles Dickens
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Gavin Melville wrote:The miller digital infinity might solve this - the head gear seems to put the front in a different place. You can buy just the new headband, which I am using with the elite mask.

https://www.amazon.com/Miller-271325-Ge ... r+Electric
100% agree. Love my infinity.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I love my Digital Infinity and Save Phace EFP series. I use them both in different situations depending where and what I am welding, they both have there advantages (lens size and clarity, low amp settings) and disasdvantages (actual size and shape). I would like to try the Optrel
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
SirRage
    Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:11 pm

I've been very happy with my Jackson Safety BH3. I've seen it for $500 at a few welding supply stores but found it on amazon for about 295 ish.