Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

Thanks Josh and Mike!
Richard
Website
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

I built a home made project with an LCD screen. This was before we had affordable projectors and having a life like experience in Doom 3 with 127" diagonal screen a few feet away from you made the characters life size.... Intense gaming experience ;)

So why did I just say that? When running the 400W light bulb with ballast behind it, we had to come up with basic circuitry to cool the system after you shut it down because shutting down your cooling system after watching 2-16 hours of projection time, well you had a lot of heat but no idea how much. This was a basic time delay sensor that held the AC circuit open during the temp/time delay circuit would remain open. We all came up with our own ideas or copied others, but the concept was the same, keep the cooling circuit open at physical switch shut off (relay switch) for X amount of time/temp.
After the circuit/time delay completed it's cycle, our cooling fans would stop. You can find out if you have time or thermal delay by taking readings before the fan shuts off when you ramp the crap out of your amps vs. a casual low amp run.
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)
fredygump
    Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:01 pm

maker of things wrote:
fredygump wrote:
The Dynasty is probably excessive for a hobbyist or occasional use. But I think the Dynasty is good value to a person who relies on it to make a living.
Oscar wrote:As for excessive for hobby use, nonsense! I hope to one day own a 280dx for hobbyist use! :lol:
Need/want pretty much the same thing. Or at least I wan't able to tell the difference. :D

You may be right....except for one little thing.

I WANT a Dynasty 350. But I guess I'll settle for the 280dx. :D
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

maker of things wrote:Checked, Yes, mine is at the R revision.
Well I guess there really is something wrong with my machine.
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc
    Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 am

I'm on my second Lincoln Invertec V205-T AC/DC and they are no longer available. When I blew up my unit I was lucky to find a replacement. If I couldn't replace it I would have purchased the 210 DX in a heart beat. The reason I use the V205-T AC/DC is because of it's ability to weld 6010. The 200 DX will not but the 210 DX most certainly will. I use my machine for driveway aluminum boat repairs, Stainless Steel sinks & Stoves for Restaurants, Hot Tap welds in the hallways of Hospitals, Roof welding using 110v for Stick or Tig..My Fan also spools up when I unplug it or turn it off. It's probably to discharge the Capacitors so there isn't stored up electricity, my miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme does the same thing as well.
2015 F-450 Lariat, Super Cab, 84" CA, Chassis Cab at 16,200 lbs.
Asciidv
    Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:24 am

I have just switched on my new Dynasty 210DX for the very first time. On 240AC it is silent (apart from the fan) but on 3 phase 415VAC there is a constant random 'ticking' sound coming from the welder. Is this normal?

I couldn't find anything in the manual about this 'tick'. Does it have any significance. I have seen some other posts mention an intermittent 'tick' but mine is there all the time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, from a wet and rainy England.