Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
FoxZulu
    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

Well, I've finally got round to buying a #9 TIG torch. It's payday so I've just ordered a CK gas cooled #9 torch and lead/hose plus a load of bits n bobs. Will be delivered tomorrow so I'll be spending the whole weekend in the workshop playing with my new toys :D
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Bleh, I thought you perhaps ordered a Miller Dynasty 350/700 with that thread title! :lol:
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Oscar wrote:Bleh, I thought you perhaps ordered a Miller Dynasty 350/700 with that thread title! :lol:
That would be a BIG paycheck! If I made checks big enough to plop down cash for a Dynasty, I wouldn't be welding for a living.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

That would be a BIG paycheck! If I made checks big enough to plop down cash for a Dynasty, I wouldn't be welding for a living.
sure you would but you would be drinking better beer......
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah,

I'm new here and just getting around to some of these threads, but I thought there might be a new unit of some sort from the title too. Maybe not a Dynasty though.

But, regardless, I'm curious now what machine your new torch will run off of. Or, how about a photo?
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
FoxZulu
    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

Hi Guys, yeah, sorry about the title, though to be fair I don't exactly earn a fortune :(
I'm running the new torch on my ESAB Murex Tradestig AC 220a and I can't believe the difference it makes over my OEM 26 torch. It's just so easy to manoevre and hold - it makes me smile every time I pick it up :D I must say that CK products are quality bits of kit - very impressed. I also got some 2% lanthanated tungstens as Jody's always on about them and so far I can't really see any difference to zirc on ally so if they're as good as thor on SS it'll save having as many set -ups.

Steve.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Yes, the little size 9 is a nimble fighter jet compared to the lumbering big lump hammer that is a size 26. Makes a huge difference in comfort and achieving the angles you need.

As for the Zirconiated compared to Lanthanated on ally...wait until the amps go up. The 2% Lanth holds up much better to high amps than the Zirconiated does.

Kym