Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:47 pm

I have wp26 torch with my TIG welding machine included. I found out that it is a bit big and heavy for the type of projects I do. I'm looking for smaller replacement. I don't do a lot of continous welding so no need for water cooled. Welding will be at max. 100 A.
I looked around a little bit and tg9 seems like a good replacement. What are your experiences and what should I watch for when buying a new torch? And can someone please show me a comparison photo between wp26 and tg9? Thanks!

grega09 wrote:I have wp26 torch with my TIG welding machine included. I found out that it is a bit big and heavy for the type of projects I do. I'm looking for smaller replacement. I don't do a lot of continous welding so no need for water cooled. Welding will be at max. 100 A.
I looked around a little bit and tg9 seems like a good replacement. What are your experiences and what should I watch for when buying a new torch? And can someone please show me a comparison photo between wp26 and tg9? Thanks!
Hey Greg, welcome to the forum.
Be sure and check the duty cycle of the torch, the CK9 torch is listed at 125amps 100% duty cycle, they also offer the torch with a rigid or flex head. I didn't find a comparison photo between the #26 and #9 torch, however I'm sure there are some members who can comment on these two torches.

Are you located in the US? It can be helpful if you provide this info in your profile.
Richard
Website
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Hi
Here is a shot of my 26 and 9.
Use the 9 mostly but the 26 gets used for thicker stuff.
IMG_20161210_16780.jpg
IMG_20161210_16780.jpg (36.48 KiB) Viewed 448 times
    Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks for photo and comments. I will try tg9 and see how it will work. I'm located in Slovenia, will update my profile.