Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
crank.it
    Mon May 14, 2012 6:03 pm

hi folks new to the forums here...trying to start to tig weld....and iam abit confused on gas ...my mig runs argon with minimal..other gases...I just looked and its 91 argon 5%carbondioxide 4%oxygen so i think I answered my own question I cant tig with this It must be pure argon??if so what type of money would the happy hacker (myself) have to pay for a small tank....
RedIron881
    Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

I'd look on Craigslist and see if you can get a used tank. Doesn't matter what it is because you
Can trade it in for a different gas. If you did buy a new one you're looking at anywhere from $150-300.
Ballpark figures from what I've seen. Also, after you get the hang of Tig you should look into adding
Helium to your aluminum. It's worth it! Just something to keep in mind. Best of luck and let us know
How it goes.
crank.it
    Mon May 14, 2012 6:03 pm

thanks rediron ill look into getting a tank...try to save a little to get me going..thanks st.morgan