Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

connection.jpg
connection.jpg (44.82 KiB) Viewed 758 times
I'm looking for some ideas on what I might use to cap the ends of my TIG torch quick connect fittings. This would be to keep out dirt on the argon and keep the coolant in on the cooling tubes. They are about 5/16 in diameter. I'm currently using baby bottle nipples but they are a bit large and the coolant leaks. I've asked in some stores and no one has an idea.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Check with Grainger or a similar supply house. You need the plastic protective caps that they put on bolts to protect the threads when they paint over or sand blast.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

http://www.widgetco.com/screw-thread-co ... wAodjdIO5Q

First listing I found. Just get the size you want. Down side you need to find a use for the rest of the case.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Auto parts store check their vacuum caps for intake manifolds, also some brake bleeder fittings have the perfect size.
example; auto zone
http://www.autozone.com/ignition-tune-u ... vacuum-cap
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies. I just ordered some of the bolt covers. It looks like they will fill the bill. As usual this forum came through with flying colors. I didn't know such an item existed.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

For a short-term (or dirt cheap long term) solution, use caps from "Sharpie" markers.

I cap my 1/4" air tool fittings with them to keep shop grit out of them, and there's room to spare, so they may well fit your 5/16" fittings.

Steve S
Keith_J
    Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:55 am

I got lucky..a friend came over and his radiator sprubg a leak. So we got a new one and it had plastic caps in the transmission cooler fittings. These are ambi-gender so they work on both machine-regulator female and hose male. Red too so I haven't lost them. Price was a bit steep as I didmost of the work.