Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Bradshaw106
    Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I just purchased a new dynasty 200dx. All excited I turned the machine on and it started making all kinds of noises! It was a tough pill to swallow when your expecting a silent machine. The noises are so freaky that I won't turn it back on until I hear back from tech support. To be honest I'm a little upset... I spent considerably more money to have the miller machine.. I don't want to where ear protection just to play with settings..
Anyone with a dynasty 200dx have any insight on this?
Matt
Smokin32
    Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Its normal,

I thought the same thing and was a little timid to keep it turned on at first, but after talking to the Miller technician when they fixed my machine for a broken fan motor, they assured me the noise was a normal thing for an Inverter. A toy like space gun wheezing humming type of thing that is not at all quiet.
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Got a 200 2 years old bought new but no severe wierd noises. It makes a slight noise when plugged in and turned off but nothing severe.
gcelaya
    Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Yep, it kind of sounds like an animal of some kind. Normal.