Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

weldit321@gmail.com wrote:
RPat wrote:Guys/Gals: I've read that the tungsten makes a HUGE difference when welding aluminum and most of the Chinese brands are less than desirable quality. What say you? Do you recommend any specific tungsten brands?
Thanks
This is with the cheapest tungsten on amazon (autobody now 2% lanthanated) You will get the technique down, It's all about seat time and trial and error. if something doesnt work try something else, and dont be afraid to play with the settings on your machine. If you are just practicing then try new things to see what you can and cant do. Enjoy it and keep working at it.
Is that your work? Never seen anodized aluminum weld so sweet. Whats your secret?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
weldit321@gmail.com wrote:
RPat wrote:Guys/Gals: I've read that the tungsten makes a HUGE difference when welding aluminum and most of the Chinese brands are less than desirable quality. What say you? Do you recommend any specific tungsten brands?
Thanks
This is with the cheapest tungsten on amazon (autobody now 2% lanthanated) You will get the technique down, It's all about seat time and trial and error. if something doesnt work try something else, and dont be afraid to play with the settings on your machine. If you are just practicing then try new things to see what you can and cant do. Enjoy it and keep working at it.
Is that your work? Never seen anodized aluminum weld so sweet. Whats your secret?
It's all in the wrist. :geek: But seriously...excellent looking weld. :)
RPat
    Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm

EXCELLENT info guys. Thanks very much. I'm hoping to being able to start applying the suggestions here next week. I realy appreciate the feedback.