Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

CRAP !! here I sit with a note book just to turn this darn electronic thingy ON and y'all are worried about having some part of a picture off screen. HOW in thee hell do ya post a picture to this forum???
IF I can't touch it, hit it with a hammer, crank on it with a wrench or shoot it with a shot gun, , , I'm out.
spend time with family, teach the kids to get dirty and stay safe.
Gramps
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

BillE.Dee wrote:HOW in thee hell do ya post a picture to this forum???z
BillE, I'll try to be brief which is pretty difficult for a wordy guy like me... :lol: But your question needs a fair explanation. ;)

There are 2 ways.

1) IMO the easiest, select upload when you reply and it allows you to search your computer for a picture to attach to the post. Then you can leave it as-is and it will be displayed in the bottom of the message, or you have an option to insert it inline. This is actually the best way, as in the future the image will in theory always be here. That is, as long as the site doesn't crash and/or for some reason they loose it. You can also select to include a remote image and/or copy it here, but I won't go into details, it's all in the upload tab when you reply.

2) Host the image on another site/server and include the image in your post using the Img button. I do this sometimes when I don't want to give control of the image over to the site, or when it's just not possible to upload the image to the forum. The downside to this is that if the image for any reason disappears then it is gone from the post. This can be a plus, as I mentioned as in some cases if one doesn't want to relinquish the control of the image to the site, it's a way that you can still change/delete the image in the future as you still have control. In Oscar's case for whatever reason he feels the need to want to have large resolution images, but not take the time to save them into a lower resolution image, that's what I always do, I never leave them original size as it's discourteous to all of the users which may be on slow Internet connections. Images are certainly a bonus and nobody is obligated to post them, just that they sure tend to make things more easily explained, but there are issues with them in regard to who/how/where/why they are posted. More often than not what has happened in the past with this option is that sites like Photo Bucket decide they don't want to host 3 party images, and prevent sites from doing it. Or the images are lost on the hosting site. In that case the images are gone from the post and in many cases the post becomes meaningless.

HTH
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

step 1.jpg
step 1.jpg (15.11 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
step 2 upload.jpg
step 2 upload.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Really appreciate the help. I will have to get my 6 year old granddaughter to "teach" me. If I make a booboo in the metal, I can usually fix it....I'm afraid of making a booboo with this electronic stuff. When I first saw any type of computer they were putting John Glenn in space and I never got involved. All I do know is that the piece of electronics we hold in our hands today is many, many, many times more powerful than that "computer" that Glenn used. And I was tickled pink the day I invented dirt.
Gramps.