Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
alloy
    Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Did a little more tonight. I started of ok and did my best bead so far, then it went downhill fast.

I just can't find a comfortable way to hold the torch so I can control it. I got another torch in today that doesn't have the button on the side of it and that helped, made it easier to hold.

I'll keep at it.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Looking good. Looks more consistant than before. Keep it up!!!
-Jonathan
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

you might want to leave the post flow on to cool the tungsten
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

alloy wrote:This was 1/8" material. I have been sanding the material, but I've been through so much this weekend I gave up sanding until I got a better looking bead.

You will be chasing your own tail a lot longer and delaying your own progress by not heeding the advice that actually WILL help you produce a better weld bead.
RonMartens
    Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Splice a pcs of copper tube, one that slips over you. Project use it as a guide to rest your hand on and it'll slide along with. In some cases you can use it to light up on and just gentle on the amps and bring torch to your work. This will help you gain control of the torch as you walk the arc across to your weld zone.