Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Donweld
    Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 pm

I am using an Everkast 200DV and have set up the Mach. to weld carbon stell - 3/32 tung 3/32 filler 140 amp no pulse high freq start footpedal. The start is good, the weld looks good, but later there is a blinding flash of light like there might be pulseing that happens every now and then, not constant. Thinking i may be contacting the work with the tungsten tip? Please help.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

For category purposes you may have better luck putting this question twin the tig welding forum instead of how to use the forum.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:For category purposes you may have better luck putting this question twin the tig welding forum instead of how to use the forum.
I moved it. For that reason.

Sounds like a sensor or battery issue with the hood.

My passive glass has never done that to me in 35 years, and I've dipped...

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Some auto darkening helmets have this problem. Try turning the sensitivity right up. Even the shadow of the filler wire can be enough to block the sensor. 9000 series speedglas had this issue bad, but had a "hidden arc" mode that you could use. The new style do not have this issue, no matter where the sensitivity is set.
ScottFc3s
    Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 pm

If your helmet has a delay function try turning it up. I had an issue with my helmet failing to see the arc which was messing with my eyes. Extending the dark period after light is removed from the sensor with the delay function solved that for me by giving more time for the light to hit the sensor again after you shadow your hood.
Donweld
    Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Donweld wrote:I am using an Everkast 200DV and have set up the Mach. to weld carbon stell - 3/32 tung 3/32 filler 140 amp no pulse high freq start footpedal. The start is good, the weld looks good, but later there is a blinding flash of light like there might be pulseing that happens every now and then, not constant. Thinking i may be contacting the work with the tungsten tip? Please help.

Thanks for the info. I had the sensor turned down to the lowest setting on my helmet.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Donweld wrote:
Donweld wrote:I am using an Everkast 200DV and have set up the Mach. to weld carbon stell - 3/32 tung 3/32 filler 140 amp no pulse high freq start footpedal. The start is good, the weld looks good, but later there is a blinding flash of light like there might be pulseing that happens every now and then, not constant. Thinking i may be contacting the work with the tungsten tip? Please help.

Thanks for the info. I had the sensor turned down to the lowest setting on my helmet.
Low current DC TIG requires a higher sensitivity.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.
FoxZulu
    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

I've experienced the same problem. Even bought a new mask but it still happened. I found that if you add a small amount of pulse it stops it happening completely.

Steve
Jim FLinchbaugh
    Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:56 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Some auto darkening helmets have this problem. Try turning the sensitivity right up. Even the shadow of the filler wire can be enough to block the sensor. 9000 series speedglas had this issue bad, but had a "hidden arc" mode that you could use. The new style do not have this issue, no matter where the sensitivity is set.
this!
I have a 9000 series Speedglass and even if the rear tungsten cover on the torch would go past the sensor it would flash me
I bought a new helmet for TIG with delay adjustment and no more "flashy blind" :mrgreen: