Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
JoeM
    Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:36 pm

I bought a CK 17 super flex torch and a Dinse 35 connector from CK for a Everlast 210EXT and the 35mm dinse is incorrect. I bought the SL2-35 and it is different than the end from everlast. Anyone know where one can be bought from and or the correct part number to order for my new torch. I cant post a picture of the connector. Too much of a noob to the forum

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

The SL2-35 should fit. Is the actual connector too big or just the gas inlet fitting?
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
JoeM

The connector does go in the welder and does twist to lock. The everlast brass end is solid but the ck dinse has a hole thru it. I was aware of the gas end fitting end on ck is threaded and was going to machine a quick release fitting to adapt to the weld unit. I did notice the dinse on ck a 1/8 in longer. I away fro shop now so cant do any testing tonite
Demented

Mine has a hole through it too. As long as it twists and locks it should work. Same torch and connector setup on my 250EX and it works.

I just pulled the quick disconnect off the stock torch and put it on the CK connector. I only have 1" brass stock so I was too lazy to machine a fitting. :lol:
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
JoeM

Ok Thanks for the reply's guys. I thought the hole was going back to the hose line but I guess it is blocked of internally so gas only exit's out the torch.

Joe.
JoeM

I will check it out tomorrow and see if the 9mm quick release male adapter comes off the economy torch supplied with the unit.
Hope so if not I can at least copy it.
Joe
JoeM

Is there a certain numbers of posts that have to be met by a poster before we can post pictures? The up load icon is not showing up when I post. I have searched the How to use the forum and only see that a file size max of 256kb.
Joe
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I'm not terribly familiar with your machine, but, your gas fitting (Dinse connector) does not need a hole in it since you have a separate gas fitting.
http://weldfabulous.com/welding/tig/con ... ory_page=1

As for the length of the male Dinse, did you spin the collar loose enough to twist the male first? The collar tightens the connector after the twist-lock. I use a similar fitting on my Dynasty, and have purchased the SuperFlex cables for it and my Multimatic and both fit perfectly. They are listed as 35mm and 25mm Dinse respectively.
Demented

JoeM wrote:Is there a certain numbers of posts that have to be met by a poster before we can post pictures? The up load icon is not showing up when I post. I have searched the How to use the forum and only see that a file size max of 256kb.
Joe
I'm using the forums on my phone so it may be different, but it's at the bottom of the text input field.

Upload attachment tab, choose file then upload. Next to options.

I think the hole is in the connector just for ease of machining. Why make 2 parts when one works for both.
    Fri May 11, 2018 3:36 pm

I will take some pictures of my ck 17 tonight and post them. Its got a hole on the end to.

I will take some pictures of my torch when i get home. its a ck 17 and the dinse connector has hole on the end as well. Its no big deal as long as the connector with the gas hose on it is solid. i will show you what mine looks like and you can compare.
JoeM

Attaching a picture of the economy torch end and the CK end. The CK is around .125 longer and the lock pin is located in a different location. The CK does lock in but is loose when fully inserted and turned. I did what cj737 posted and spun the plastic collar to lock it securely in the welder. Still need to make the 9mm quick connector before I can use the new 17 torch. Thanks for all the replys guys.
Joe
dinse connector2 JPG.JPG
dinse connector2 JPG.JPG (52.67 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Your SuperFlex Dinse is the wrong model. Simple as that. You can swap the unit from your left hand to the SuperFlex and be done with it.
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Looks like you got an SL2-35M instead of an SL2-35. Look at this page http://www.ckworldwide.com/dinse-gas-cooled.html

I've got a 210EXT as well, but I got my torches from Everlast. I did make up an extension for the ground and had no problem with the connectors for that.
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
Demented

dgapilot wrote:Looks like you got an SL2-35M instead of an SL2-35. Look at this page http://www.ckworldwide.com/dinse-gas-cooled.html

I've got a 210EXT as well, but I got my torches from Everlast. I did make up an extension for the ground and had no problem with the connectors for that.
He said it's blocked off and has the external gas hose so it's not that.

It's the same with mine. Mine snugs up after about 270* of a turn.
Attachments
20180514_223909.jpg
20180514_223909.jpg (48.6 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
JoeM

Here is the tag on the connector I bought.
CK tag.JPG
CK tag.JPG (91.9 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
JoeM

Here is the connectors with the shells off.
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
JoeM

The copper sleve in the Everlast looks to be bonded in. Or is it threaded, I don't want to break it off as I wont have a torch to use.
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG (52.67 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Forum will only let me post one picture at a time.

Joe
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I highly doubt it is threaded. I don’t know for sure, but I’ve never seen one that’s threaded unless it has visible fittings or flats for a wrench.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

cj737 wrote:Your SuperFlex Dinse is the wrong model. Simple as that. You can swap the unit from your left hand to the SuperFlex and be done with it.
No it's not wrong..... as long as the connector under the dinse connector that connects to the cable is solid and not a flow through style it will be fine. I know this because mine is the exact same thing.

yep thats all exactly how mine is. Ur good to go! Put it all back together and go weld something!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JoeM

Thank you very much for taking the dime to verify my purchase Songer121. My torch is set up now to do some welding on Friday.
Thanks for all the help guys, looking forward to using this great torch.

Joe