Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
bikekat
    Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi - new here (and to tig welding).
Bought a chinese pedal for my LCD Vision ACDC 200PM (chinese with a German stamp on side). As soon as the pedal is plugged in the amps are pretty much uncontrollable - jumping around. AMPs go down when i push the pedal down. Also doesnt shut off with any consistency when i release pedal. Anyone had this experience? Welder works fine without pedal. Thanks
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Sounds like a bad resistance pot.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
bikekat

thanks - is there a way of confirming or replacing? or is it a new pedal required?
Poland308

Most manuals will tell you what pins in the pedal plug are for the resistance pot. And what ohm range it is. Then you can just check it with a multi meter.

Josh
bikekat

many thanks - will look into it (have ordered a new pot also)
bikekat

replaced the pot. still working in reverse. Random current changes seem to be eliminated if i turn the dial on the pedal up full. but the amps decrease when i push the pedal down. thanks again
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Wired up in reverse.
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
bikekat

thanks. a little concerned that i could damage to the welder if i get it wrong. attached pic of pedal insides. appreciate any suggestions
Attachments
pedal inside
pedal inside
20180610_110514~01.jpg (59.9 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Demented

This is what they're saying is for your welder, but it looks like you have the wire colors of the 7-pin style foot pedal.
Blau = Blue
Rot = Red
Schwarz = Black

"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
bikekat

many thanks. yes my welder is 2 + 3pin (AC/DC TIG-200PM). The pedal is also a 2+3pin. Will hopefully get it sorted. Thanks again
bikekat

Got it sorted. Swapped the two outer wires on the pot.
Poland308

Nice work

Josh
Demented

Awesome!
bikekat

thanks for the help
Robinsgarage89
    Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:51 am

Hi bikecat can you send me the diagram for your tig pedal? i think we have the same issue with the tig pedal. If i insert the 3 pins to my welder it just goes to 160 amps,pressing the pedal goes to max,cannot set the ideal amps i want to use , i check the the 2 10k pots it works well.can you help me?