Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Yotto
    Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Hello, I’m new to welding with Tig and I’m trying to weld 6061 T6 and I’m having a lot of problems and don’t know what to do. I’ve been searching the Internet and can’t find a solution. I’m welding with a new Chinese welder and it works ok on DC but I’m unable to weld on AC. It’s probably just my lack of knowledge but any help would be appreciated. Here’s what is happening on AC.
Attachments
Welder with translation, maybe correct
Welder with translation, maybe correct
C4295967-D1B1-4B08-8CDB-FC075BEF7757.jpeg (54.97 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Ac welding
Ac welding
912C2490-DFD2-4C7D-A55E-B8318D95511C.jpeg (68.11 KiB) Viewed 803 times
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

It looks like you have no gas running through the torch.

Make sure your cables are connected to the proper side- TIG is always torch NEGATIVE. Look in the port on the machine where the cable connects, there may be a small hole in the center for the gas, unless your machine has a separate gas connection. Also, with everything connected, torch away from metal, hit the pedal or button to initiate an arc and listen for gas flowing or gently hold it near your cheek.

Another thing is the "Cleaning" dial. It looks like you are favoring the -5 side which should be EN. Maybe rotate that dial closer to -5 and test once you've confirmed you have gas.

And, lastly, what gas are you using for TIG? It needs to be 100% argon.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Looks like no gas. Can you hear or feel the gas flowing out of the end of the torch?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

I guess if the AC/DC switch is mis-labeled and is really the TIG/Stick then it would be likely that the gas solenoid would not power on if switched to 'stick'.

I would expect the switches to be swapped if there's any logic to the layout (ok ok.. that's perhaps a big assumption.. :lol: ), but you'd expect the 'process' selection first/left and then more detailed 'sub-selections' more towards the right.

Bye, Arno.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I tried to find a manual for this welder and could only come up with R-Tech 315 ac/dc.
It is not exact, but pretty close and may give some insight on the controls. the picture seems to me that there is no shielding gas evident or the wrong gas. Be sure you have the tig torch set up correctly and the gas hose is connected front and rear and the system is set up for AC. Also attach some pictures for all of us to look over..that is the machine and the connections.
WeldingJunkie
    Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm

The machine is set to DC you can see it in the pic. Mic drop!!!!