Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

So, while I was grinding back an aluminium crossmember on a trailer, the clamp let go and it fell in front of my tig, snapping the gas spigot and cutting the hose on the torch lead, this is right beside the dinse connector on the machine.... can i fix this or is this a new hose??? Never messed with this side of things before.......
Attachments
0CD4BA9D-6E5B-46EA-A0F8-04AB069B5AC9.jpeg
0CD4BA9D-6E5B-46EA-A0F8-04AB069B5AC9.jpeg (49.32 KiB) Viewed 674 times
DBECC84B-35E7-4DBF-86B6-6E761A4B5FDC.jpeg
DBECC84B-35E7-4DBF-86B6-6E761A4B5FDC.jpeg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

The connection can be repaired, but you'll obviously need to make sure the Dinse connector is reusable first. If you don't have a hose repair kit (many welding supply houses sell them) you might persuade a shop that makes Hydraulic hoses to crimp that back together for you. I am fortunate that there are a few nearby where I have had motorcycle brake lines made to suit, and I know that a welding gas hose would be just as easy. Its really about getting that connection crimped and that requires a special tool.
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

cj737 wrote:The connection can be repaired, but you'll obviously need to make sure the Dinse connector is reusable first. If you don't have a hose repair kit (many welding supply houses sell them) you might persuade a shop that makes Hydraulic hoses to crimp that back together for you. I am fortunate that there are a few nearby where I have had motorcycle brake lines made to suit, and I know that a welding gas hose would be just as easy. Its really about getting that connection crimped and that requires a special tool.
Awesome, shouldn’t be hard to get crimped, oil and gas town here, just wasn’t sure wether the the whole show was fuc#$@. Dinse connector didn’t get touched, just forward of it....... of course, I was planning on welding this crap tomorrow........
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Most regulators cut the psi down to 50 or less. You might try cutting the hose back and using a regular hose clamp for a temp fix. ( if there’s enough hose to reach. )
I have more questions than answers

Josh