Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a "short" advanced class on TIG welding in Clearwater or the nearby surrounding area's, preferably something that's a night class or something for a week or month or whatever.

I do TIG, MIG and Stick but I mainly do TIG and I want to get better, I do stainless & aluminum as part of my job so I think it would be worth it, I especially want to get better at Aluminum to really get the bead looking like stacked dimes, I've been welding for some years now, built quite a bit of stuff and I think it's time to attend a class or something of the sort to really bring it home for me.

If you guys know of anything or anyone around that might and you are willing to share the info, let me know.
if there's a welder, there's a way
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I don’t know what advice others will offer, but, if you’ve been welding a while and already TIG regularly, then I doubt seriously any class will bend your “expert curve”. It’s all about good techniques, proper setup, and hood time in my experience.

I will say, I do believe trying new torch gear and settings on your machine can produce better results. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut with our old habits, and forcing yourself to mix it up can help you identify a bad habit, and correct it.

Good luck with your search though!

Hey Oliver, I'll help if I can. PM me if your interested
Richard
Website
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

True, perhaps.

I do believe there are still plenty of things to learn especially on the Dynasty machines by Miller where you can adjust everything under the moon and sun, Perhaps those can assist in getting better welds, I am not sure.

I do OK on aluminum but I think it could be better, perhaps it's just hood time
if there's a welder, there's a way