Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
RichardC
    Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 pm

I've recently acquired a Jasic 200P digital inverter and would appreciate a little help on a couple of the settings..

A link to the user manual is here - https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/fc2fb8_f ... ef175f.pdf - Page 12 of the manual shows the settings..

7 -Pilot arc current - Is this setting relevant to the machine's DC and AC TIG modes, and what does it do?

12 - Cathode current - I presume this is for AC Balance and Aluminium cleaning action? and is % positive?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I’d say on your machine that balance is related to time on EP.

As I understand it, “pilot arc” is the initial current when using a sloped arc setting. You can start with only 10 amps to initiate the arc, then have the machine automatically slope the arc to say 100 amps after N seconds, then when you release the switch, it will taper back off instead of a hard snap ending the current. This feature is useful with Lift Arc, or working without a pedal/amp switch.
RichardC
    Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a try on AC over the weekend and see if I can get it figured out.
BramR
    Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:47 am

I think the initial current is the current com where the upslope starts. The pilot arc current is the current to where the downslope stops. So say you set the peak current to 100 amps, and the pilot arc to 25 ams, the downslopetime is the time it will take to get from 100 to 25 amps. Than the current shuts off.