Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Zengineer
    Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi guys, could use a little help here.

Bought an used TIG (Lincoln Precision Tig 225) and it came with half a dozen torch heads, but I can't quite figure out how they are intended to attach. Are these 2pc heads for a 2pc cable?

Please help, hours spent trying to look up the numbers on the NOS 2014 Miller A-150 head I have hasn't turned up anything, nor did a trip to my local welding store.
Attachments
20190420_161207.jpg
20190420_161207.jpg (38.05 KiB) Viewed 716 times
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

That Miller is an air-cooled type 17 torch. Rated for 150 Amps. Whatever cable you’re using also needs to be a single “work cable” rated to 150, and be an air cooled, not water cooled cable.
Zengineer
    Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Specifically I mean the connection end. No manual or documentation I can find shows an end like this, and I can't figure out if I'm missing a piece, but this is different than every WP-17 I can find.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

can't really see the threaded part of the lug, but my best bet is they are hollow to carry the gas to the torch tip and there is a jamb nut to tighten the cable to the torch head. There is also a handle (that you put over the power cable before attaching to the torch head) that will slide over the cable end and the mounting lug. Don't get nuts and over tighten the cable. Have fun.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Not even worth the hassle of trying to piece together stuff for those old torch heads that could be compromised. Just call up HTP, tell them what machine you have and they will set you up. You can even buy multiple torches (WP9 and WP17 air cooled share the same cable), and then you can get a WP26 which uses a large cable/fitting. Done.
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

You can also look at CK Worldwide. Their website has quite a bit of useful infomation.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!