Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Spweld
    Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm

I've been welding Aerospace since the '80s and I finally bought me the furick cup and tried it for the first time on inconel 718 and when I set the flowmeter to the recommended 20-30 it just didn't seem like it was enough so I cranked it to 50 and what a huge difference it made my inco look nice and clear without all the crud that you normally see from inco 718. Give it a try if you have it.

Spweld wrote:I've been welding Aerospace since the '80s and I finally bought me the furick cup and tried it for the first time on inconel 718 and when I set the flowmeter to the recommended 20-30 it just didn't seem like it was enough so I cranked it to 50 and what a huge difference it made my inco look nice and clear without all the crud that you normally see from inco 718. Give it a try if you have it.
Which Furick cup did you buy, and how about a pic of the Inco weld
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Spweld wrote:I've been welding Aerospace since the '80s and I finally bought me the furick cup and tried it for the first time on inconel 718 and when I set the flowmeter to the recommended 20-30 it just didn't seem like it was enough so I cranked it to 50 and what a huge difference it made my inco look nice and clear without all the crud that you normally see from inco 718. Give it a try if you have it.
Do you have any Inconel rod to sell? I was gonna order some but I put that on hold. Looking for 718 and x750.