Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rbeckett
    Mon May 10, 2010 7:01 am

Jody,
How did you determine that the owner bottles of Argon are more affected with moisture? I have been battling a contamination issue that may be from that, talk about a timely solution to an ongoing problem. Question is, how do we compell the LWS to supply us decent gas, especially at the high prices they are getting now?
Bob

I have received tons of emails . mostly from folks who use the owner size bottles. Also, I remember a shutdown I worked about 20 years ago when whiskers on the electrodes was a problem. moisture in the argon tank was the culprit.

I also get lots of emails from people who are given the wrong gas. they ask for argon but get 75/25.,.,.or bad argon.

the local welding supply swears the problem cant be the gas, but then has to admit they are wrong after the welder goes to the trouble of borrowing a tank of argon from a friend and proves its the gas.

not to bash the local welding supply stores....i am just sayin I get a lot of emails like this.

jody