Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Crankbait
    Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 am

I have a problem that I hope someone can get me to the right source for the correct info on getting a replacement Tig Torch. Now I have a Longevity inport inverter machine its a 256pi weldall Tig Stick and Plasma cutter 250 amp water cooler. What I would like to do is replace this big tig torch with a smaller on then use the big one for the Plasma cutter. This torch is a dual purpose tig and plasma just change the part in the head of the torch body. I would like info on Weldcraft Tig torch that would addapt to this machine. This machine has a quick connect for the Argon gas. So it may need addapter or change the quick connector to addapt to a new tig torch from weldcraft or some other reliable brand. Can anyone point me in the right direction. All HELP would be very greatful !!!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Whatever you decide to buy (brand) try and get it from a professional supplier first hand. Not ebay. One on one help is what you need to slove this prob. You need to be able to "try before you buy" .
Ebay
is good buy only if you know exactly what you are buying. Sorry. From mick.
StephanusThie
    Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 am

Hi,
for me, I just heard a tig torch is dual function with plasma cutter. never heard that before.
Miller Syncrowave 250 DX
Hypertherm Powermax65
Crankbait
    Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 am

I was wrong on that the Tig and Plasma shared the same torch body. They are seperated one for Tig and one for the Plasma. MY biggest problem is I need to keep the quick connect for gas sinse the Tig and Plasma both have the quick connect or face buying two adapters and convert both.