Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

in the flex lock video, jody is using a "super cup kit" #sck-2348. i have looked everywhere for this kit and can not find it. where is this kit from? i noticed it had an extra head so is it from CK worldwide? Jody or anyone that knows, thanks in advance!
RedIron881
    Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I've found a bunch of hard to find things on Arc-Zone site. The link is to the Flex-lock page for either the 230 or 250 amp torch. The replacement parts (collets, lens', and such) for each are seen after selecting a torch size. Might have a look around the site if it's not there for you.

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?main_ ... 8_908_2150

WARNING! Very Tempting things on this Site!!
nova_70_383

i am looking for the big box of cups and gas lenses he used in the in the video at about 8:35 into the video. i watched the video again in full screen and the cups have a diamond shape logo on them. i also noticed the kit had an fl2 and fl3 extra heads for the flex lock... i think i will try calling them tomorrow see if ck makes that kit.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Just go to the contact us button on the main page. Put the question directly to the man him self. He will be more than willing to help, time permitting.
mick
nova_70_383

i called CK, it is indeed from ck. it is a new product.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

nova_70_383 wrote:i called CK, it is indeed from ck. it is a new product.
Nova you're killing me here. :) What did you find out about the kit. I just did a search and can't find anything, even now on CK's web site...what's included, cost etc.?
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

nova_70_383

i did buy the kit! i got it from weldfabulous.com im going on memory, $212 plus what ever to ship. its a great kit, it has a small and large head for the flex lock. large diameter gas lens for big and small. stubby kits for both big and small. it has back caps, several cups, matching gaskets, normal gas len's.... nice kit. geared for 1/16 and 3/32 tungsten sizes. the wedge collets i really like! i think they are nicer and hold the tungsten much better then standard split collets. in jodys video his kit has ck's super cups, those are not in the kit. ck does sell a full line of super cups now. i tryed one, and they are amazing.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Nova. Found it (I think) it sounds like the AK-150MFC Kit. http://www.weldfabulous.com/p-68479-wel ... ry-fx.aspx Will give them a call Monday. :)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

nova_70_383

nope, that isnt the one! if you watch jody's flex lock torch video it looks pretty much like his in the video minus the super cups.
allessence
    Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 pm

foss
    Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:49 pm

nova_70_383 wrote:nope, that isnt the one! if you watch jody's flex lock torch video it looks pretty much like his in the video minus the super cups.
I'm totally confused why you didn't post a link to the kit from weld fabulous? I can't find it and by reading the other posts it appears other people are striking out too.... if you have found the kit he used in the video, could you enlighten me and the rest of the world with a link please??????
Rada
    Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:03 pm

foss wrote:
nova_70_383 wrote:nope, that isnt the one! if you watch jody's flex lock torch video it looks pretty much like his in the video minus the super cups.
I'm totally confused why you didn't post a link to the kit from weld fabulous? I can't find it and by reading the other posts it appears other people are striking out too.... if you have found the kit he used in the video, could you enlighten me and the rest of the world with a link please??????

+1
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

This appears to be it, but the photo & description are totally wrong...
http://www.weldfabulous.com/p-126670-ck ... exloc.aspx

Nobody else has this part#, so maybe it's a kit built by WeldFabulous. It seems like it used to sell for $212 and now is $199.

Going frame-by-frame in Jody's video, it looks to be a set of regular, stubby, and jumbo gas lenses and cups (not Gas Saver) in both 2-series (size 9) and 3-series (size 17), including an extra FlexLoc head in each size. It's at 8:35 in Jody's video.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
redacres
    Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Please explain the difference between a gas lens and a gas saver lens. I assume the gas saver uses less gas, does one or the other produce a better weld result?

Thanks.
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

redacres wrote:Please explain the difference between a gas lens and a gas saver lens. I assume the gas saver uses less gas, does one or the other produce a better weld result?
The pitch for CK's Gas Saver is that it requires 40% less argon. Apparently because the gas flow is that much more laminar (shoot straight out instead of being turbulent). http://www.ckworldwide.com/gas_saver.htm

Really, their marketing material is vague because their comparisons always show a non-gas-lens setup. But normal gas lenses have a similar benefit. So, how much better is Gas Savers vs. a normal gas lens? Who knows.

However, my interest in the Gas Savers isn't based on this claim - I like the Pyrex cup. Since the cups slide on over o-rings instead of threading on, they can offer a simple Pyrex tube as a cup. They won't take the heat like an alumina cup, but the transparency is nice.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
redacres
    Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Thanks Richard.
DSL power
    Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 pm

I called ck on that kit and they said they do make the one from Jodies video. I was told by ck that any of there dealers can order it if you give them the part number. I'll be ordering one in a couple months once some more money comes in. If noone else posts up that they received one I will post again with what I get.
Miller Trailblazer 302 EFI
Suitcase Extreme 8VS
ThermalArc Cutmaster 52
Everlast Power I-TIG 255EXT
alanspete
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 pm

The SCK 2348 kit in the video is available from Weldfabulous for $199, Arc Zone sells it for $287.