Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
racepak
    Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

hello guys,
i have a chinese ac/dc 200amp machine. the brand is "jasic".
i think have a similar issue like Jody had in the "3 in 1 Combo Welder Everlast PowerPro 256 Arc Start Fix"
since its a off brand i dont know what the spark gap should be in order to adjust it, is there any rule of thumb? or its about the same in all machines?

thanks
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I have no experience with the "Chinese" machines, but they tend to duplicate the name-brands they try to compete against.

Generally, a Miller or Lincoln will have aprox. .008" spark gap. The range I recall for a Lincoln I used was .005-.013, so there is some tolerance.

Good luck,

Steve S
foamballer
    Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 am

Do you mean for the HF contacts? I had to give mine a bit of clean/re gap the other day. I just adjusted by trial and error until I was happy, but I'm sure my gap ended up around 0.5mm (0.02")
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

foamballer wrote:Do you mean for the HF contacts? I had to give mine a bit of clean/re gap the other day. I just adjusted by trial and error until I was happy, but I'm sure my gap ended up around 0.5mm (0.02")
Yes, the HF contacts was what I was referring to, and I was using numbers from the Lincoln Precision TIG 325 and Miller Synchrowave 250 DX, in particular.

If you got your best results at .020, may I ask what machine? Others with that machine may get bad results with my numbers.

Steve S
foamballer
    Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 am

Yeah, the circuitry could be completely different. My welder's from a company called Tokentools, I think they are only in Australia. The owner is a bit of an electrical whiz and specs the machines out himself, but they are put together in China. Mine's an older model of this one http://www.tokentools.com.au/prod55.htm.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

I must say, I am suprised. I read though the token tools link. Sorry for the hijack but i just thought they fitted into the ol ebay crap category . Guess not. I ll keep them in mind.

Mick