Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Quad-Tungste ... 20de7c80c1

Anybody know if it will it perform good on AC on a Syncrowave 250DX ???????????? :?:
I'd probably get the 1/8 dia from HTP/usaweld.
Looking for some opinions on experiences with it.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

John,
I have and use E3 on my Millers and Lincolns and have no problem with it. I received sample 3/32" and purchased 1/8". Honestly I cant tell a big difference in it but I don't use it to run long beads. Basically we just tried it out and it works fine. It will work fine on AC for you. I guess one great thing about it is it will work on both AC and DC.
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Waste of money, from what I've seen from them. Don't like high amps at all for 3/32". I'd stick to Lanthanated/Thoriated. :mrgreen:
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

AKweldshop wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Quad-Tungste ... 20de7c80c1

Anybody know if it will it perform good on AC on a Syncrowave 250DX ???????????? :?:
I'd probably get the 1/8 dia from HTP/usaweld.
Looking for some opinions on experiences with it.

~John
OK but not first choice on Diversion 180 and Dialarc HF 250, I prefer Thoriated.
Tungsten Wolf
    Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Weldakota wrote:Waste of money, from what I've seen from them. Don't like high amps at all for 3/32". I'd stick to Lanthanated/Thoriated. :mrgreen:
This

Tried them out at our shop, we run at 250-280 amps and they kept cracking and splitting. We haven't had any problems with Lanthanated.