Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Ok as promised here is my attempt to silicon bronze a small cast part off of one of my vises. Before people jump in and say I should have done this or that know I chose this process because I have never repaired a cast part with silicon bronze and I promised AKweldshop (John) that if he posted pictures of his cast vise repair, I would post pictures of this. Machine settings; 100 amps (used 75?) 3/32" 1.5% Lanthanated, stubby CK gas lens, 15 cfh and 3/32 silicon bronze. I was impressed with how well it worked and think it will hold. Enjoy.
Attachments
silicon bronze repair 4.JPG
silicon bronze repair 4.JPG (123.4 KiB) Viewed 639 times
silicon bronze repair 2.JPG
silicon bronze repair 2.JPG (122.54 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Didn't align them very well....oh well, good thing no one will see it when installed!
Didn't align them very well....oh well, good thing no one will see it when installed!
silicon bronze repair 1.JPG (127.51 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Last edited by Superiorwelding on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

And the rest of the pictures.
Attachments
silicon bronze repair 3.JPG
silicon bronze repair 3.JPG (148.73 KiB) Viewed 637 times
vise fixed.JPG
vise fixed.JPG (144.67 KiB) Viewed 637 times
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey SW,
I'm going to weld this vice of mine here soon, don't worry.
I'm going to wait until I get my SyncroWave 250DX, cause my other welder doesn't have a foot pedal.
I hope to have the welder in less that 2wks, I've been selling a bunch of my old "crap" to get some cash.
But I will be welding it and will get some good pics and stuff.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024