Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Just wondering how many are having success with using GTAW pulse instead of just doing small circles? I weld a lot of .065" wall 316 Stainless pipe by either cup walking or just small circles with a back purge and 35-50 amps.

I've been experimenting with using pulse with OK success still need to work things out to be 100% every time I strike and arc. Usually using a Syncrowave 350LX (limited to 10pps) or a Maxstar 200 (300+ pulse capable)
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Rick, we have a brand-new member who welds sanitary on pulse with a maxstar200.

Here's his 1st thread (with a couple pics) from "introductions".

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =27&t=4709

Steve S
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Rick, we have a brand-new member who welds sanitary on pulse with a maxstar200.

Here's his 1st thread (with a couple pics) from "introductions".

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =27&t=4709

Steve S
Thanks Steve, I just dropped a post over there..

I know some of the orbital welders use pulse but I typically do not when doing my tube. I have been using the pulse feature more on some projects, the more I use it the more I understand it and it has its advantages that is for sure...especially on thin stainless and any edge seam. I had the opportunity to look at a Orbitalum orbital welder set-up a few weeks back and was beyond impressed the welds were absolutely perfect.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB