Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Have the Wp17with dynasty broken @ the high heat silicon ( for months!) that connects to the white ring on frontside. Was worried about Argon loss. Found a few bucks to replace it should I go to the WP 26as I got on all ...orders or something new an improved? Oh yeah remote start button,an no valve on handle! Never used or needed a water cooled torch, jus don't work that hard. Thinking maybe even a lighter torch. Also wold like to purchase a foot control to have in our arsenal . Maybe i guess. Never tried one in 20+ years. My dad never ,but I'm willing to try if it makes us better. We are a dealer for Airgas also. Mostly we carry only tanks though. What's with the glass cups also?
coldman
  • coldman

If you need the full 200amps you must have the w26 torch. If you want a great lighter torch you can't beat a ck flexlok torch good for 150amp. Pedal is great for bench work only and wreless remote is superb. If you are not working off a bench, torch switch is best.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Only thing that sucks is that the 26 torch is bulky. I have one but only as a spare, since a water cooled 20 torch is far superior for most everything. Honestly you'd be happier making your own water cooler and switching over to a 20 torch. It's an expense yes, but more importantly an investment.
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

The 26 trimline torch from CK is about the same size as the standard 17 torch.
    Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Really,, water cooled? Now mnd ya we are a repair shop that works on a pontoon fin with a 10 min. Weld at most ,but 1 hr set up ,today we fab up a bee hive carrier out of alum. Witch was 2 1/2 set up 40 min weld time. Never weld in one place either. In shop on a easy fillet, and out the door on my back overhead on some rivets on a boat. Then on a anodized rail on a boat and trailer way up in the air. The Dynasty is really fast with its weight and size for what we make money on But... I'm willing to weigh the options. That's why we are popular in the hills though. Opinions are welcomed and respected. Thanks !
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Val-Weld wrote:Really,, water cooled? Now mnd ya we are a repair shop that works on a pontoon fin with a 10 min. Weld at most ,but 1 hr set up ,today we fab up a bee hive carrier out of alum. Witch was 2 1/2 set up 40 min weld time. Never weld in one place either. In shop on a easy fillet, and out the door on my back overhead on some rivets on a boat. Then on a anodized rail on a boat and trailer way up in the air. The Dynasty is really fast with its weight and size for what we make money on But... I'm willing to weigh the options. That's why we are popular in the hills though. Opinions are welcomed and respected. Thanks !

If you're happy with the bulk of a 26 torch @ 200A, then I'm fine with it too. I was recommending a water-cooled 20-series torch setup solely from the aspect of operator comfort/maneuverability. A 20 torch is tiny compared to a 26, and of course still smaller than a 17. The triple cable setup if bought in a "superflex rubber" style, is also lighter than a 1pc power/gas hose for a 26. It's one of those things that you don't know what you're missing until you try it.