Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
racepak
    Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

hey guys, "new" here :) and have some questions,
i am looking for a affordable non water cooled tig torch with a very flexible cable, i used to have a weld craft torch with the braided fabric cable(the ones that you get with lincoln machines) and it was very nice, but didnt last long since the pipe inside the braids worn out after only 1 year of use,

also, i'm looking for a dual flow regulator, are the htp regulators the only ones on the market?
do you guys know of a heated dual regulator?

last question for today: which rod is recommended for welding sch10/40 304 and 316 to mild steel, 309?

i know its alot of questions, :) THANKS!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

racepak wrote:hey guys, "new" here :) and have some questions,
i am looking for a affordable non water cooled tig torch with a very flexible cable, i used to have a weld craft torch with the braided fabric cable(the ones that you get with lincoln machines) and it was very nice, but didnt last long since the pipe inside the braids worn out after only 1 year of use,

also, i'm looking for a dual flow regulator, are the htp regulators the only ones on the market?
do you guys know of a heated dual regulator?

last question for today: which rod is recommended for welding sch10/40 304 and 316 to mild steel, 309?

i know its alot of questions, :) THANKS!
I personally like the CK Worldwide TIG torches. They are not to expensive in my opinion. What size of torch are you looking at though?
HTP is not the only one that has a dual flow. Victor and Smith have them as well. I recommend the Victor but only because that is what I have not because the others are junk. I have to ask, why do you feel you need a heated regulator?
Last answer of the day; 309 filler is acceptable for your welding application. :D
-Jonathan
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Racepak,

CK's Superflex 1-piece cable is, well, super flexible. And if you're spending on a torch under 150A, consider their FlexLoc Series 3 (size 17). Their "Series 2" (size 9) is the same torch with a slightly smaller head but takes different accessories and fewer amps. You'll probably also need an adapter from the hose to your machine.

Usaweld.com (HTP) and mwsco.com have some of the best prices going. At HTP, you have to ask for their lowest price.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
racepak
    Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

thanks alot for the comments guys!