Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Tried some Wonder Gel from Bradford Derustit on some stainless tonight and was really impressed. Easy to use, little to no fumes and I put it to the test by using a piece I used to setup my new welder a month ago.

It came out perfectly clean, very impressed I let it sit 40mins.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
coldman
  • coldman

I checked out the MSDS

http://www.derustit.com/pdfs/Wonder_Gel_MSDS.pdf

It contains the dreaded hydrofluoric acid same as all the other pickling pastes and gels.

You know I see guys using stuff like this with bare hands every week, PVC gloves right next to the rinsing sink where they are pickling but won't put them on. I climb down out of my tree and start peeling bananas. They think I must be some sort of silverback and put on the gloves but next time its bare hands again. They've had the training, the MSDS is there. What can you do?

Its time for the manufacturers to come up with something safer. Hey manufacturers out there - are you listening? Hello!
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

pictures
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Here's some pics
Attachments
After
After
IMG_20140702_194948913.jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Before....304 stainless
Before....304 stainless
IMG_20140702_194552764.jpg (24.5 KiB) Viewed 640 times
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB