Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Phonce
    Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Anyone ever used one of these Multi Plaz gadgets??. I saw a couple of videos and noticed it doesn't do a very smooth cutting job. I also found out , they are Chinese made , which to my mind, really sucks.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Phonce wrote:Anyone ever used one of these Multi Plaz gadgets??. I saw a couple of videos and noticed it doesn't do a very smooth cutting job. I also found out , they are Chinese made , which to my mind, really sucks.

They sound like a bunch of hype to me....I wouldn't put my money their....

Just like this piece of junk....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avortec-2015-LT ... 339f12ce93
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

April Fool, my ass, John!
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Yeah I went to their HQ in n Santa Monica, the CEO "Patricia" is real nice person. But she doesn't have a clue about welding. Me and another member from the WW forum spent the day with their tech welding and cutting with it. It really doesn't do anything well. Process is similar to OA. Which BTW, would be a much better investment. There are zero qualified procedures WPS etc for this type of welding. The welds are questionable and would not use on any critical joints. Buy an AC/DC tig stick welder, decent plasma any welding tank for about the same money and do everything and more the MultiPlaz does but much better with proven methods. That machine is a $500 toy at best.
Phonce
    Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:40 pm

My thoughts also Southpaw, If these welders are made in China they are drastically overpriced .They do have a 2 year warrenty but what happens if it blows up after the warrenty. I've had some bad experiences with Chinese made products and here in Canada we have a moron for a leader and is making free trade deals with this country and we are being bombarded with their junk.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Phonce wrote:My thoughts also Southpaw, If these welders are made in China they are drastically overpriced .They do have a 2 year warrenty but what happens if it blows up after the warrenty. I've had some bad experiences with Chinese made products and here in Canada we have a moron for a leader and is making free trade deals with this country and we are being bombarded with their junk.
Hey Phonce welcome! You have a moron leader too? Now we canhave a lively debate about whose is worse 8-) Sometimes you just can't buy a product because it isn't made anywhere but China but I avoid their junk like the plague!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Ours is 10 times worse than yours put together.
taz
    Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Don't get me started...
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Revelucion ! Vamos !