Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:26 pm

I just recently purchased a base 210MP and am looking to purchase a tig setup for it. Is there a better choice than the PTA-17V included in the 210MP Tig One kit? Also, I know nothing about Tig welding and I'm looking to learn. This was one of the main reasons for this machine purchase. Thanks for your time!
RumT
    Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:19 am

I also bought the base model machine. Instead of the Lincoln Tig kit I went with a CK worldwide setup which consisted of

SL2-35 Dinse Connector
Model 17 Flex Head with valve and super flex hose
1/16" Gas Lense setup
3/32" Gas Saver setup

CK Worldwide seams to be widely available online and well spoken of. I have been enjoying learning tig with this machine/setup. I am looking forward to getting an amptrol setup in a month or two.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

jdboy wrote:I just recently purchased a base 210MP and am looking to purchase a tig setup for it. Is there a better choice than the PTA-17V included in the 210MP Tig One kit? Also, I know nothing about Tig welding and I'm looking to learn. This was one of the main reasons for this machine purchase. Thanks for your time!
Time to watch some videos. I hear there are some good tips and tricks on videos from YouTube. :D

Has anyone tried the HTP/USAWeld Tig kit with this machine? It looks like it comes with everything I would need but I want to make sure I'm not throwing money away on an inferior kit.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Jd,
Call HTP and ask, but I believe that their torches are made by CK Worldwide and if they are they're top of the line. The pedal that they have pictured looks just like an SSC pedal and it too is top of the line. $400 and change isn't out of the ballpark when you consider the foot pedal is $175 and the Dinse connector is $40 and the torch is $150 for a 25 ft. torch and just the 2 Amphenol connections for the foot pedal adapter would cost over $50.

Only you can decide if you're wasting you're money though.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm definitely getting a Tig kit for my 205MP but was looking for alternatives over the Lincoln kit. This is my first Tig experience and I want to get the right equipment the first time. I really think the USAWeld kit will be the way to go. The USAWeld kit is about half the cost of the Lincoln kit when you add the foot control and I just wanted to try to make sure I wasn't skimping somewhere I shouldn't be.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

JD,
Once you get that kit you'll need to order a stubby gas lens kit and a Tig Finger from Jody's web store and cylinder of pure Argon and you'll be set.

Len
P.S. He has a deal for the 4th of July going on for two Tig Fingers and the 2014 videos that's hard to beat.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len