Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
plain ol Bill
    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Bored and did not have a project to work on this morning that interested me so I wanted to investigate the capabilities of the new welder. You don't get to see the first four attempt's and this one is a little rough but it welded it! Finally turned off all the bells and whistles to get this one.
Attachments
can1.jpg
can1.jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
Red, blue, yellow, purple, and Hypertherm silver equip.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Settings? Machine? Without your setup...it never happened :lol: I been wanting to try that but all I have is 3/32" tungsten...and probably lack of ability 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
plain ol Bill

Thermal Arc 185 ProWave
30 amps - hi freq start on
foot pedal
3/32 thoriated tungsten
1/16 filler
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

exnailpounder wrote: I been wanting to try that but all I have is 3/32" tungsten...
You can do with 3/32 tungsten and 3/32 filler. We had a post I think it was called welding pop cans, there are few on there using 3/32 tungsten. I know cause I used it :D

Looks like plain ol Bill did too
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Best Dr. Pepper ad ever?

"I'm a Pepper, too!"

8-)

Steve S
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

dirtmidget33 wrote:
exnailpounder wrote: I been wanting to try that but all I have is 3/32" tungsten...
You can do with 3/32 tungsten and 3/32 filler. We had a post I think it was called welding pop cans, there are few on there using 3/32 tungsten. I know cause I used it :D

Looks like plain ol Bill did too
Heck...i didnt know you could do it with that big of tungsten...ill let you guys know what happens
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
plain ol Bill

If it is sharpened right you should be able to do it with a 1/8" tungsten really. The sharp point is no sharper on a 1/16 than it is on a 1/8. Hmmm - now that I opened my overly large mouth and said that I'll have to try it.
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/