Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
plain ol Bill
    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Here's another tale from the job for you guys. We were welding tubes one day when the boss came through checking on progress. He noticed that I didn't have one of the mini Mag lite that a lot of guys carry to look in and see the far side of the root pass before you seal if up. He asked me where my light was and why I wasn't using it. I let him know that if he wanted me to look inside then you furnish me a light. What this guy didn't know was my welding partner and I normally looked each other in on starts and tie ins. For those that aren't used to "looking someone in" it means you drop your hood and look through the crack while your partner is welding and watch the root pass as it is being welded.
Boss came back by a couple of hours later and handed me a brand new, shiny, never been used before Mini Mag light. I politely told him thank you and after work put it in the truck and that is where it is to this day.
A flashlight can be real handy and I have several - just did not have one of mine with me that day and ended up with a new one :D .
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
Red, blue, yellow, purple, and Hypertherm silver equip.