Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dac999
    Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Can anyone help with explaining the controls and what there for on my 200amp ac/dc pulse tig....have googled but not it's helping.... I can weld ok both ac and dc but setting it up is more trial and error than knowing
Attachments
20151024_102017.jpg
20151024_102017.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 705 times
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

welcome.
Do you have manual? RTM. Brand?
what type of weld do you want to try?
Just the ? begs a smart a#@ answer " LIke how high is the sky"
Question too vague.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
dac999

Im not after a specific setting.
Just want to know what the dials and switchs control? There was a manual but it was for safety only and not about the machine settings unfortunately.....
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Dac,
Welcome to the forum.

If you go to a website for one of the better known Chinese welders, like Everlast, AHP, or Longevity you'll find most of them have their manuals online. You can use these to get a basic understanding of each of these functions, even though they're not specific to your machine, they're the same function never the less. An Everlast 250EX for example has most if not all the same functions.

These no name welders are all pretty similar in what they'll do, and most of them will do more than you'll ever want to learn how to be proficient at, most just won't do it for long unfortunately. They add all these functions to make them attractive for their price point instead of making them more robust with less functions.

If you do this and you're still stuck trying to figure out a certain function, then return with questions on that particular function and we'll get you an answer.

Len
Last edited by Braehill on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
dac999

Thank you Len
The one im having the most difficulty with is the switch with 3 functions..... Has a line, a tight wave and a bigger longer wave.
I think... Straight is sign wave? Tight wave and long wave a for square wave settings? With the longer wave being for greater cleaning function?
Im really not sure, just a guess
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Dac,
I would guess that this has something to do with the pulse functions, as in slower pulse frequency, higher and off. That just judging from my very limited use of an inverter welder. But I think that's the options on the Everlast that my son has. Try it with the switch set to the straight line and change the pulse knobs, it should have no effect, and the other two should give you a certain range in pulse frequencies.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

If you go to the weldingtipsandtricks.com site and select tig settings towards the bottom of the left side Jody has already answered most of your questions.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Wow, that machine is labeled in Engrish. If you are just starting and the machine came with a pedal. Set to 2T and turn pulse off. You don't need either of them. Peak amps (normally called main or primary amps), gas after flow ( normally called post flow) , are all you need for DC TIG. A.C. TIG add clean area width (normally called AC balance)
MMA only needs peak current and arc force (also called dig)

Not sure which easy balance is configured on your machine but is turned fully one way, AC and our vaporizes your tungsten, that's max cleaning. You never want to use more than 50% cleaning. Around 20% is a good place to start
Set post flow to 5 seconds. Pre flow is probably actually upslope and shouldn't have an effect in 2T
Last edited by soutthpaw on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Braehill wrote:Dac,
I would guess that this has something to do with the pulse functions, as in slower pulse frequency, higher and off. That just judging from my very limited use of an inverter welder. But I think that's the options on the Everlast that my son has. Try it with the switch set to the straight line and change the pulse knobs, it should have no effect, and the other two should give you a certain range in pulse frequencies.

Len
Agreed, looks like low speed pulse range, high speed pulse range and no pulse bring the flat line. Set to flat line and leave alone. Not sure what the resize screen looking symbol is.