Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Silvio
    Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello!
I have a problem I need you to give me some advice, hope you can help.
It is about Hastelloy pipe (the pipe is purged with Argon inside and is welded with TIG). To support the union of two pipes make some weld points, welding and reach that point it will bloom that is, it explodes and becomes a "crater" (inside).
I need a soon response.. Thanks you!
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Silvio,
Welcome to the forum.

It's seems that English is not your first language so there will be a little challenge with the terminology here, but we'll work through it.

If I understand your question correctly, when you get to the final weld and you're ready to close the joint it blows out. Am I correct, or does it do this every time you come to a tack weld?

If it's blowing out on the final weld, you need to have a bigger vent for the heated Argon to escape. If this is a sealed pipe when finished you'll need to stop the Argon flow all together to close the weld.

We have a few people here that weld purged piping and should be able to help you if we can get on the same page as to what the problem actually is.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len