Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
d.smith
    Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 am

It's come the time where I am gonna need new boots sooner than later...

I have always had chippewa/redwing logger boots, they are comfortable for most types of work but not too great working in a shop always on concrete floors, and seem a little bulky on the foot pedal.

I'm looking for input on what you guys think are a good all around work boot thats comfortable, steel toe, and good for all types of welding. acid resistant sole would be a good plus also.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I switched to the 5.11 tactical "Company CST 2.0" boot a few years ago and love them. They have the composite toe and fiberglass shank. Never cared for slip on boots until I tried these. No laces to melt and can be kicked right off if slag finds it's way in the top trough a pant leg. Super light and can stand or walk in them all day.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I wear my Wolverines to the grocery. They're more comfortable than my tennis shoes.

I only wear slip-ons, so I can get out of them quickly if needed.

Wolverine now offers a carbon-fiber toe that is very lightweight, but I'm not sure it's available in a slip-on.

Your mileage may vary.

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I've been buying mine from Unionbootpro.com. You don't have to be Union to buy from them but they are made in Wisconsin. And the soles been lasting longer than the redwings I was buying.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm also a fan of the Wisconsin made boots. I buy the Work-n-sport locally. I've found that any sort of insulated liner will wear out and or stink on ice within a year so I buy the unlined all leather boots and wear wool socks in the winter.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/90 ... boots.html
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/27 ... n-usa.html
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Redwing. Been wearing mine for 3 years and still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 am

I've worn Brahma, Doc Marten (for a whole two weeks and were given away), Cat and Wolverine.
Never had the money for Redwing...yet.

Hands down, I go back to Wolverines every time since my first pair. I currently have four pair (all steel toe) I use for different situations. Slip on Oxfords for quick safety work, Lace up (leather laces) for my emergency back up (oldest pair), and two pair of Wellingtons (we get an allowance for safety shoes each year).

I make sure that I have PLENTY of room under the cap for my toes without the boot slipping around as I move. Once broken in, all have been pretty comfortable for me.
Chris
NASA is not the enemy of the American taxpayer.
AWS D1.1, D17.1