Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
GaryL
    Wed May 27, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Folks-
I'd like to have your thoughts on PPS, Peak and Background settings when welding 1/8" mils steel lap joints. One limitation on my machine is the PPS range of 1-15 PPS. Thanks, Gary.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

GaryL wrote:Hi Folks-
I'd like to have your thoughts on PPS, Peak and Background settings when welding 1/8" mils steel lap joints. One limitation on my machine is the PPS range of 1-15 PPS. Thanks, Gary.
Why are you intending to use pulse on mild steel lap joints is a better question......

Oscar wrote: Why are you intending to use pulse on mild steel lap joints is a better question......
I agree, however if you're just looking to experiment then do so, some use a very low number to time dipping the filler, then max it out at 15 and see how that is.

What machine do you have?
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

I would experiment between 0.7-1.5 pps. For me, anything between 3-20 pps gives me vertigo.
GaryL
    Wed May 27, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for your reposes. I'm just starting to learn more about my Syncrowave 200 unit.