Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Oilman
    Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:30 pm

OK, so I picked up an Everlast 200dx this past year to construct some aluminum tanks and other stainless steel equipment for my business. Figured out pretty quick that welding .100 aluminum causes a hot potato jig sort of hand dance real quick.

So I picked up a carbonator pump and motor today at a local restaurant appliance repair business for $85. Going to build a cart with integral tig cooler for the new CK swivel head super flex torch.

I am guessing that the blue line would be water in and the red line water back to the cooler? I also see I will need some LH thread fittings to plumb into the cooler setup.

Just a comment; I did "Y" in some helium and just crack the valve a bit to add the stuff to the argon. Really made a wonderful difference to the weld appearance and ease of welding.
1969 Idealarc 250
Miller 200 MIG
Everlast 200DV
Micro welder
Sandow
    Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Yup, blue is "cold" out. Going to be more like room temp out and lukewarm back but same difference.

In the mean time you can dial up your gas flow rate on an air cooled to get more on time with it.

-Sandow
Red-hot iron, white-hot iron, cold-black iron; an iron taste, an iron smell, and a babel of iron sounds.
-Charles Dickens
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171938071648?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I think these might be what you need. . .?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Oilman

Thanks for that. I will check my local welding supply store first because I really need to get some tanks built.
1969 Idealarc 250
Miller 200 MIG
Everlast 200DV
Micro welder
Oilman

So I get the new CK flex loc water cooled torch in and it is not what I ordered. This after calling 2 times to get the right part # and confirm that "all you have to do is write a comment telling us what welder you have"

Then I brain farted and told them to just send 1 quick disconnect for the gas line.

So as Poland308 informed me I ordered the 2 adapters needed to hook the coolant lines up.

Couldn't find any LH thread fittings locally. You would think weld supply stores would keep a few around.
1969 Idealarc 250
Miller 200 MIG
Everlast 200DV
Micro welder
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Your LWS doesn't typically deal in chy-neez welders. With red and blue you just screw the ends of the torch lines into the welder and cooler.....no adapters necessary.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The adapters are for the coolant lines Rambo.
I have more questions than answers

Josh