mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Hi guys and gals, any one got experience with this unit in pic? Good, bad or otherwise. It was prior to the Chinese built units. Guys selling this one and I need some more amps and thing has done no work whatsoever. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
Attachments
08E8E473-B611-4DE2-8932-1BD4C5B0B806.jpeg
08E8E473-B611-4DE2-8932-1BD4C5B0B806.jpeg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 954 times
4078C41F-F97C-4543-BB25-E95FCBC6F1C6.jpeg
4078C41F-F97C-4543-BB25-E95FCBC6F1C6.jpeg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I have a similar 250 , mine has the remote wire feeder. Plenty of these machines out there, single roller drive, basic migs.
I heard complaints about them but I’ve taken the time to look at the the so called problem machines and in every case there was an explanation including mismatched drive rollers to wire, incorrect drive roller tension, worn or clogged liners, insufficient power supply.
When set up correctly the machine will give very good reliable service. As delivered it is fitted with a power cable and plug suitable for 15 amp circuit. If you want full output you need to fit a 4mm2 cable and plug to a 32amp circuit. That’s what I did with mine and it works great.
If it’s the right price, go for it. Parts easily available, no risk.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Darrin

Coldman wrote:I have a similar 250 , mine has the remote wire feeder. Plenty of these machines out there, single roller drive, basic migs.
I heard complaints about them but I’ve taken the time to look at the the so called problem machines and in every case there was an explanation including mismatched drive rollers to wire, incorrect drive roller tension, worn or clogged liners, insufficient power supply.
When set up correctly the machine will give very good reliable service. As delivered it is fitted with a power cable and plug suitable for 15 amp circuit. If you want full output you need to fit a 4mm2 cable and plug to a 32amp circuit. That’s what I did with mine and it works great.
If it’s the right price, go for it. Parts easily available, no risk.

Sent using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks mate.not super cheap but like new, he wants $1000.00 I’d rather pay that than 1500 for a Chinese machine I can’t get parts for. Thanks again mate,
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

How much does he want for it?

Just saw above. I want to buy a 250 mig but I don't have available funds.
Darrin

weldin mike 27 wrote:Just saw above. I want to buy a 250 mig but I don't have available funds.
Probably a bit steep at $1000.00, but is as new and aus built......I’m running a 180 and it’s been playing up lately so thought it might be an option...
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma

Have a look through ebay and you'll see that all the reasonable 250 amp migs are around that price maybe he'll come down a bit, maybe he won't. An Australian made cigweld will definitely be better than most
Darrin

weldin mike 27 wrote:Have a look through ebay and you'll see that all the reasonable 250 amp migs are around that price maybe he'll come down a bit, maybe he won't. An Australian made cigweld will definitely be better than most
I think the price is reasonable for what it is and it’s condition, I just want a reliable unit that is fixable if it breaks down, something that seems to be a thing of the past with some Chinese manufactured units(the cheaper ones) but having said that, my tig cost a bomb years ago and I struggled to get that fixed when the hf crapped out.....
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma

Should be a reasonable investment
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Is " it’s been playing up lately" anything like "knocked up"?

I can't find an Aussie to English translator on this site.

I do wish you guys would use American Standard English.
Are you still driving on the incorrect side of the motorway too claiming you have to for the Holden to retain pavement contact on the bottom of the world?
Downwindtracker2
    Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 pm

In very few years Aussies will have developed their very own language. The one I liked was esky. First time we went there, I had to rent one. By sheer numbers , English Standard is what is spoken on the Indian sub continent.
Man of foolish pursuits
Millermatic 250x MIG
Magnum (Hugong) Wave 200KD ac/dc TIG
Liquid Air O/A torch