mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Shame on Cyberweld for sending it out that way, If I'm getting a repack that's fine but it is usually discounted somewhat and they should have gone over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it out to you. I know how you feel, 4 days late and it arrives damaged! It will all work out in the end. And like CJ mentioned I would push for a overnight replacement and a pp return label. That's one of the downsides buying online, your at the mercy of the online retailer to be on the up and up, I'm sure cyberweld will make good on it.
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

They've been cool about it. I sicked my mom on them. LOL

So, I believe, they said Miller would send me the one things that were missing. Not sure what is going on with the gun. Also, I mean, the cable that in on the welder is broken. Because of that, I don't trust the rest of the stuff. I just want to send it all back and get everything new.

Someone had to return the thing because it was damaged. But it's like, Miller just send both things out. Very strange.

On an up note, my brothers 29th birthday will be here in a few days. I have decided to get him a welder. Now, he has a huge yard. But, I don't want to get him something complicated. One day, I will get him a Bobcat. haha But, we start small. I believe, I will get him a Lincoln 125. It is less than $600 and it is flux cored only. So, he will not have to worry about getting gas for the thing. Seems like a cool welder to learn with. So, haha, at least one of us will be having fun with a mig welder.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Cyberweld stocks and resells Miller products. They (Cyberweld) received that unit back, packaged it, the. Shipped it out again. I can assure you, Miller never saw it.

If you can’t get Cyberweld to treat you right, give the folks at Welding Supplies from Indiana Oxygen (weldingsuppliesfromioc.com) a call. They have the best prices online I’ve found, absolutely great support, and excellent customer service.

I had a Spoolgun that arrived that would not calibrate (Miller product). They got on the phone with Miller and me, we walked thru a few things, and IOC sent me a replacement overnight. IOC sent me a prepaid label to ship back to them, they dealt with Miller. Miller acknowledged a software issue with it, and said send it to IOC, we will handle it.

So it does pay to work with larger online retailers just because of their volume sometimes gets them preferential treatment from the manufacturers. My buddy has bought a PipePro and 2 AirPacs from them. Each shipped for free, and came in pristine condition. I’ve bought 3 machines from them, plus countless consumables. Highly recommend them.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about buying from IOC as well. There my first stop ( and often my last).
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Glowzinski

Freaking, so, Cyberwled sent a video I took, showing the thing. Tue lady said it’s like a key and it is supposed to be that way. I mean, really? Even for a person who has never used a product like this, would look and know it’s broken.

If things keep going like this, I am sending it back and getting one from another company.
Glowzinski

Well powder my ass and call me Judy. The lady from Cyberweld sent a picture of another cable. It looks the same. LOL. I mean, it looks chipped off to me. Oh well, they say it’s supposed to be that way. So be it.
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

There's no way that's how that connector should be. Only way that is from Miller is if they completely skipped their QC and allowed a batch of CNC mess-ups out the door.
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
Glowzinski

That is what I was saying. NOW, the ones I have on my Bobcat cables, DO look kind of like that. BUT, they had clean edges. Like they were made that way. The Suitcase one though, looks like it was broken off.

Miller said it should look that way. I mean, I don't know what to do. haha

The one I got, the Tweco one, the other side, with the part off, still has the same curves and lip that it does on the other side.

The only thing I can think to do, is ask Miller to give me a place that they have that fixes their machines. I can bring it there and have them look at it.

I feel like hell today. I just want the freaking day to be over. So, that only makes things worse. haha

Oh well, I will figure it out soon enough.
Poleframer
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Uh, they're right on the connector end. It's not a dinse type with a tang,it's tweco/lenco type. It is grooved at the end, with a flat cut out to key into the female socket, with a twist when it sockets in. Yea, the cut off looks a bit (a little bit) rough, but it should work fine if you have the same on your other stuff.
I think thats the bigger #4, like what comes on the 12vs suitcases, my aead welder had the smaller #2 size, and since I already had made up cables for that connector, I just changed the connector on my 8vs to match everything else, I dont use nor need 4/0 cables like the #4 size you have is made for.
The gun handle on the other hand, aint right, but if it was a good price, I would just put it back together right, and use it.
Glowzinski

haha, well, I just got the bit cables for my Bobcat. I can't remember why. I read a lot about wire size.

As for the being a bit off. I mean, it is way off. Plus, the angle isn't even right. haha

For something I paid almost $2500, no way am I going to buy stuff to fix mistakes. I didn't buy the thing used. Thus, when it arrives, it should be in perfect condition.
Glowzinski

Here are new picture I took, to send to Miller and Cyberweld. Now, look at these and tell me the thing isn't broken. There is no way this will work.
Attachments
IMG_9477.jpg
IMG_9477.jpg (42.74 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
IMG_9478.jpg
IMG_9478.jpg (57.68 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
IMG_9480.jpg
IMG_9480.jpg (49.09 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
IMG_9481.jpg
IMG_9481.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Poleframer
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Yea, from that view...looks pretty bad. My connectors look like pic 4. Wonder how they let them out like that.
Is the suitcase itself in good order?
Glowzinski

Well, once again, Miller and Cyberweld have said they are fine. If I want to return it, I have to pay for the shipping, because it is open.

What a load a crap. So, I get a damaged product and they make it seem as if it is my fault. How the hell would I know it is damaged, if I did not open it?

Miller refuses to say it is damaged.

Last time I buy from either company.
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Glowzinski wrote:Well, once again, Miller and Cyberweld have said they are fine. If I want to return it, I have to pay for the shipping, because it is open.

What a load a crap. So, I get a damaged product and they make it seem as if it is my fault. How the hell would I know it is damaged, if I did not open it?

Miller refuses to say it is damaged.

Last time I buy from either company.
Just out of curiosity, did you try the fitting and see if it fits where it's supposed to?

I only ask because I've had good dealings with both companies.

I understand the gun wasn't put together right, but outside of it being annoying, it's quick to put together correctly and motor on.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Glowzinski

haha, well, inside, the gun was broken. The thing did hold tight inside of another piece. So, I will just keep it.

It does not look right to me. But, if it fits, it fits.
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Got a Lincoln 180C about a week ago as a first MIG machine. In the practicing phase.
Lincoln 180C and other paraphernalia