mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
starvncoyote
    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm

My weld department has been tasked with welding large bins out of 1/8" sheet metal, mild steel. Dimensions are about 5' x 6' and 6" deep. We usually weld on small things, and generally it is tubing of some sort, so we are looking up the best methods. What can we do to mitigate warping, that isn't going to take us all week?
drizler1
    Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

starvncoyote wrote:My weld department has been tasked with welding large bins out of 1/8" sheet metal, mild steel. Dimensions are about 5' x 6' and 6" deep. We usually weld on small things, and generally it is tubing of some sort, so we are looking up the best methods. What can we do to mitigate warping, that isn't going to take us all week?

just split em up like I do when welding a panel on my cars. Skip around . I use wet rags on warps things too, whatever works and keeps one area from getting excessively hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

A
So expirment with where you start welding and what joints you weld first or last.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

This may be a dirty lie but also the hotter you weld the faster you can move and reduce overall heat input.