mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
james.nz
    Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 am

Hello everyone. I have an ESAB Rebel 215ic. For the light hobby fab stuff I do its a breeze to use. I have started to experiment with the "adavanced" parameters and go beyond sMIG just to extend myself. There is one setting that I am baffled by. No doubt it will be a face palm moment once things are explained but until then I'm stumped. Can anyone lend me their wisdom and explain what the "Spot Time" setting does on this machine and how to use it? I suspect anyone with an ESAB Rebel will have this feature no matter if its a 215 all the up to a 285.

The available options are:
[1] "Spot Time on/off", and
[2] "Spot Time on adjustment" which becomes available when the Spot Time feature is enabled.

Thanks,
James.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate, it's so you can do spot welds in sheet metal. With mig you normally drill a hole in the top sheet and use in conjunction with a nozzle like this. You don't move anywhere, you push down, pull the trigger and the settings automatically turn the welder off.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190518-103734_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190518-103734_Chrome.jpg (46.53 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
james.nz
    Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 am

Thanks heaps. Makes sense and very good to know there is a specific shielding nozzle.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

No problem mate. You push the nozzle down on the sheet to clamp it down whilst welding.
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I've got the same setting on my Lincoln power wave c300.

I've used it to do repeated tacks all of the same size.

Also would be handy if say your doing many of the same weld over and over if your say welding a grid of some sort.

Mainly I just use it as a method for tacking though when I want to keep then small if bead appearance matters in the end.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk