mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
sreenuvundela
    Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 am

Hai Freinds,

I am new for this forum.

I am having one question/problem for you.

Kindly suggest how we can carry hard facing of Stellite -6 material on internal diameter of 32mm with 2mm finish layer, i.e. after finish machining the size of the bore will be 28mm only.

The welding process may TIG/MIG/ Plasma welding . Kinldy give source/Manufacturer/supplier details from whom we can get this type of small torches which will help me to carry such type of hardfacing in small internal diameters.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

SREENIVAS
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I did a bit of research and the smallest bore i could find was 1-1/2 " or 37mm but im sure there is something out there for you. Maybe in plasma arc or thermal spray. Even an electroplating "brushing" technique may work. Last chance, machine your bore out and make cylinder of hard material that can then be pressed into your bore.
sreenuvundela
    Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 am

Hai

Thanks for your quick reply.

The customer should not accept alternative methods. I have to carry welding only because in other parts of the world, the customer getting this type of welding but he is not ready to revile as policy of the business.

Kindly through some attention on this issue so that you can find pencil torches if any.

Once thanks for your advice.

Regards,

SREENIVAS