mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Rider
    Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Any of you welder out there have an opinion about Esab mig welders??? LOL I've been looking round at migs say 250amp to 350 to 400 amp I have found some deals say money wise,but as we all know that can not always be a good deal!!!! So, any of ya had experience with Esab say from the 250 mig master up to the 350 multi process units old newer say somethng like 300 SVI CC CV machines good bad worth it??? Ect... A quick second question miller suitcase extreme 12VS is there a way yo weld aluminum with one??
Happy Holidays to all
Rider
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

My experience is with the Multimaster 260 model.
300amp mig/tig/stick.

260amps at 50% duty cycle.

I own one, and a friend of mine has one in his shop.

I've used both for duelshield, and 7018.
And I've also used mine for a bunch of mig.

Very well built machines.

You can't go wrong with anything Esab.
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG (95.08 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG (38.34 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I had an old Migmaster 250 (L-tec) branded. 280 amp rated, Buttery smooth arc. 22 separate taps. Easily repeatable voltage settings. Also have the ESAB 300AVS suitcase. Great unit but obviously depends on your power supply. I ran it off a Powcon for a long time. If you buy new, ESAB has a 100 day no questions asked return policy.
Rider

You say good solid machine with good arks and adjustable!!
Any problems get consumable, accessories,or repairs if the rarity of breakage happens??
I think I learned on Esabs I know the machine were yellow and Esab is the only welders being yellow, At lest that I can remember!!! but that isn’t saying much!! LOL
Thanks AKweldshop and Southpaw
Happy Holidays
Rider
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

They are equivalent in quality to Lincoln or Miller or Kemppi etc. Torch parts are industry standard so no problem getting consumables.
Jared
    Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm

I use an Aristo Mig 4004i with the U82 controller on an Aristo Feed 4808....great bit of kit and spares are readily avaliable..
Attachments
Origo-Mig-4001i-1.jpg
Origo-Mig-4001i-1.jpg (62.48 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Last edited by Jared on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murex 353is TransTig
Esab Aristo Mig 4001i Pulse
Murex 406s Transmig
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Esab bought the Linde (welding products) division of Union Carbide, a very well known name in welding. Union Carbide developed plasma welding and cutting, for instance. Finding spare parts should be no problem- I've heard good things about their customer service.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Rider

Thanks for the info. I just wish I had there phase Electric !! would have more of an selection!! In used especially!! In the used units the prices seem to be a little better to!! to a point!!
Thanks Rider
PS still on the hunt> Got a couple to check out!!
Rider

Yes I do remember Linde (welding products) and union Carbide (mostly from my dad) I think he worked for them, (For a bit) or something like that!! I think the machines I learned on were the Lindes I do know they were big, yellow stick TIG machines water cooled I think!! I do know I burned I lot of rod on them, that for sure!!!
Rider