mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
jpistolero02
    Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:29 pm

I have been trying to read and watch as much as I can. Would you guys mind critiquing my attempt at using the little "e" method while pushing the puddle? These types of welds seem to be easier because of the edges for guides, but I am struggling when trying to do small square tubing like 1". I am not sure what method to use since the weld area is so short.

Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

The weld looks really good no obvious faults. I can't quite get what I'm looking at. Is it an outside corner joint? If so what thickness plates?.
The best way to check your welds is to slice and etch a macro. It shows all. just search macro all read all about it.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
jpistolero02
    Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:29 pm

I believe it's just a corner joint. Sorry, I don't know all my joint names yet. I just set two 3/16" plates against each other to practice. It's nothing I am using for a project.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Looks really nice but as Coldman pointed out, pics only show so much. IMO outside corner and T joints are the easiest to weld. Show us something a little harder 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
yamahablue
    Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Whats your idea of a newbie cause that doesn't look a newbie weld.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

yamahablue wrote:Whats your idea of a newbie cause that doesn't look a newbie weld.
Agreed. If the OP is a newbie then, respectfully, I am going to re-classify myself as 'plankton' - several steps down the food chain from newbie.

Kym
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

A li'l perspective...

At age five, wasn't Mozart a newbie?

I'm not attempting to equate the posts above to that level, but only to show that "newbie" is a very subjective term.

Steve S
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Nice work looks good.
Now is the time to try some other joints.
Butt, lap, tee and some tube.
If you produce similar results on all those mozzy will have to make room for me in the plankton section.
Some people are naturals, you may be one of them.
Keep practising.
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

As for a technique for small and short welds. I still do the circles for cursive E's but much smaller circles. That or use the way you prop to know when to stop. Are you using and auto dark or regular hood???
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene