mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Gav
  • Gav
    Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 am

Hey guys I’ve just started getting into welding so got my first welder. The manual is pretty much useless I’m mig welding with flux cored so I need to set the welder to dc negative how do I set my welder to negative when it has nothing inside the case, your suppose to use the jumper cable on the outside but not sure of the setup. Here is a pic of the welder.
https://imgur.com/a/Ja0kBGM
So that middle cable is the jumper cable.

If you could let me know how to set this up that would be great thanks
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Plug the gun into the - port, the grind clamp into the + port. Then thread the wire from your spool into the gun.
Gav
  • Gav

The gun is permanently attached that’s the thick lead at the top. The machine also does arc welding so that’s how it currently setup. So does that jumper go into the far left port?
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

can't really see much in the picture but it appears pretty simple - there are what looks like 2 dinse connectors with leads plugged in for stick welding - they're marked positive left - negative right & the lead in the middle we can't see the end of presumably has a male dinse plug on which if you follow it goes to the wire drive - this you plug in to whichever polarity you want & plug the earth clamp in to the other - so when Mig welding the stick stinger lead is not plugged in at all - if you are running self shielded flux core then plug the wire drive into the right side ( negative ) and earth clamp into the left side positive - unless I'm missing something here ! kinda seems so straightforward perhaps this is'nt what your asking ! either way - hope you get set up & enjoy the new welder.
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Got a pic from inside the wire feed area? Mine has a jumper with+ and - inside to change.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

noddybrian wrote:can't really see much in the picture but it appears pretty simple - there are what looks like 2 dinse connectors with leads plugged in for stick welding - they're marked positive left - negative right & the lead in the middle we can't see the end of presumably has a male dinse plug on which if you follow it goes to the wire drive - this you plug in to whichever polarity you want & plug the earth clamp in to the other - so when Mig welding the stick stinger lead is not plugged in at all - if you are running self shielded flux core then plug the wire drive into the right side ( negative ) and earth clamp into the left side positive - unless I'm missing something here ! kinda seems so straightforward perhaps this is'nt what your asking ! either way - hope you get set up & enjoy the new welder.
+1

its a common layout. the mig gun is wired to that lead in the middle. simply plug it in whatever polarity you require.
tweak it until it breaks
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Gav wrote:The gun is permanently attached that’s the thick lead at the top. The machine also does arc welding so that’s how it currently setup. So does that jumper go into the far left port?
When I did an internet search about that model, it appears that both the work cable and ground cable have twist type Dinse connectors allowing you to move the cables side-to-side to change polarity. Your question seems to be rather common among buyers of these machines as the manual provided is somewhat "sparse" in details for new Welders.
Gav
  • Gav

Great thanks for your help