mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
chev104275
    Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 am

I got a good deal on a used lincoln mig 140C for the house. I have the gas regulator and hose i need the fitting that goes into the back of the machine for the gas. Does anyone know the Thread size ? I looked through the manual and online and have come up empty.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Chev,
Go to your local welding supply (where you'll probably have to go for Argon anyway) and ask for an Argon fitting that goes to 1/4" NPT or 1/8" NPT or whatever is in the gas line in your welder. This fitting is 5/8-11 thread but it's not just a simple straight thread, it's made to accept the convex end of the hose barb.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
chev104275
    Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks ill have to go and see what they have. I thought it was 5/8-11. I have a bunch of swaglock stuff i tried but nothing seemed to fit correctly

Thanks Again
tradetek
    Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:05 pm

If you are still looking, call Lincoln and ask for the Tech Dept. They have answered all my questions and even passed one or two off to their engineering dept when they didn't have a satisfactory answer... granted I can come up with some seriuosly detailed questions, so I never felt like the tech guys didn't know their stuff.

Bill
Lincoln Electric v155s with TIG pack (lift start)
Lincoln Electic Viking 3350 Helmet

One father's love for his autistic son... http://www.inmyimage.com
Heavy Metal
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 am

Great little welder. I wish I still had mine for small projects.